Pair of Historic Sconces from the Loew’s Delancy Theater, 140-146 Delancy Street in New York City.
We are fortunate to have 3 pairs of sconces...in various conditions...from this historic theater.
We have restored the first pair which are now ready for sale.
The picture, of the original theater illustrated here, is Circa 1936.
Located next door to the historic Ratner’s dairy restaurant, the Loew’s Delancey Street Theatre was once a cornerstone of life on New York’s Lower East Side. It was built in 1911, opening in 1912 as a
1,788 seat vaudeville house. It was one of the first theatres Marcus Loew built and was later converted to movies.
With the later 1970’s rush to the suburbs, the theatre and the surrounding neighborhood declined until the Loew’s Delancey Theatre was closed in 1976.
Many pages of information about LoewsLoe and his theater empire can be found at::::
The finish of this pair of sconces is original. It shows flashes of copper and brass with clear and frosted elements of glass and acrylic.
We have taken the liberty to change the lighting from fluorescent to LED center with 2G11 long tube.
The side elements are lit with corn cob style LED bulbs. The bottom switch is a 3 way which allows the center only tube to be lit...or the side lights to be lit or all the lights to be lit.
The effect of light only the side lights is like dimming since they boune off the center glass with a bright white color. Very theater like in appearance.
Measurements: The Overall sconce height is 24 ”. The maximum width is 10 ”. They project into the room, from the wall, 5 1/2”.
$ 1,450.00 for the complete pair, with LED bulbs complete... plus shipping